Friday, July 31, 2015

Home Alone


There is a heavy silence following every single one of my slow steps as I spend some time alone with my thoughts. Each moment carries the weight of a quiet dance of silence and shadows, muted and diluted in this intimate solitude. I fearlessly dissect fading memories, archives of dread and sorrow in shades of blue and grey. Sometimes, I feel like an old broken piano: out of tune yet still played by strangers just for the sake of amusement. My ramblings keep me company in this harboured retreat and that's comforting. It doesn't even matter if it's dawn or dusk. Meanwhile, I let my nails, now perinwinkle coloured, dry.

9 comments:

  1. Love those pics! Reminds me of one of my past homes....

    ♥ Happy Weekend! ♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are moments when I crave with all the fibers in my body to be home alone. Those moments ar called July and August...
    http://bloglairdutemps.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is always such a quiet beauty in your posts, such lovely poetry. I loved this one especially, because I love the way a space feels different when you're alone it, like the air is full of something - echoes? anticipation? Your own thoughts, spinning off like stars, or particles? - and the photographs really capture that. Lovely, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes, I feel like an old broken piano: out of tune yet still played by strangers just for the sake of amusement. - love that!
    Esse azul nas paredes tem ar de nostalgia, gostei tanto das fotos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy! Thank you for stopping by my blog!
    I have a soft spot for Dublin and Ireland, so something tells me I will be back here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should write short stories, Nancy (as well as being a photographer, of course). You evoke such strong emotions even in short snippets of writing.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adoro o ambiente das fotografias e adoro os detalhes que capturaste :)

    http://free-colors.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete