Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Macabre Gallery Show at GalleryX


In this exhibition we enter a world where the night is dark and full of terrors. Well, kind of. I went to GalleryX for the first time (bus strike that day, meaning I had to walk all the way from Stoneybatter to Herbert Street) to contemplate the work of several international artists (Sayutno Buttò, Michael Hutter, Christine Morren, Trëz, Tomas Alen Kopera, Sandra Yagi, Arturo Esparza, Jean-François Bouron) on display, exposing nightmare-inducing pieces charged with erotic yet grotesque content. The obscure vibe of this exhibition allowed me to open my mind and horizons in order to appreciate the exquisite darkness of death, sex and surrealism. It is a controversial showcase of beautifully bizarre fine Art that might unsettle the beholder with its twisted details. Fascinating!

11 comments:

  1. Todo o macabro ou sinistro, só existe a partir do humano.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow macabre indeed. I would've loved to see this! Looks like an interesting exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh lá amei!!! mesmo a minha onda, muito bom, daquelas exposições que eu adoraria ver de perto!!
    http://bloglairdutemps.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olha acho que me fazia imensa falta ver esta exposição, não conheço quase nada desta temática e acho que me ia abrir os horizontes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. This is my first introduction to these artists, but I'm getting a heavy Francis Bacon vibe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the darkness, I never understood people that were afraid of it. I'm not sure this is beautiful but at least it sparks the imagination.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete
  7. i don't actually know any of these artists but you can't beat visiting a gallery by yourself. i really feel like when you go alone you get to go at your own pace and see everything that interests you and skim over the stuff that doesn't and i really prefer to do it that way even if going with a friend is nice company.

    jessica - littlehenrylee.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really beautiful but yet hunting exhibit, looks interesting.

    www.sheandtell.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful. Nice post.

    If you need more support, follow me on GFC, I always follow back.
    WWW.HEKYMA.COM

    ReplyDelete