Saturday, February 7, 2015

Highland Tales


When in Scotland, a day trip to the Highlands is mandatory. I've never experienced such a scenic wonderland like that before. Have you ever been somewhere so dramatically beautiful, you thought it was unreal? Well, that's the Scottish Highlands effect. Ravishing landscape, a sense of infinity and isolation enhanced by challenging weather conditions, stag spotting, silent lochs, interacting with the cutest cattle in the world and a beauty that transcends any possible holiday postcard - epitome of epic. Our guide gave us no other choice but to listen to loud bagpipes and The Proclaimers at 6am but I forgive him. Scotland is a very special place that I hold dear to my heart. I treasure every single memory from this great day I shared with Dani and Ali in a country that screams "Come back!". This is where you can escape reality.

16 comments:

  1. Parece saído do Senhor dos Anéis
    . E as vacas! Oh as vacas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos are so insanely gorgeous! Looks like a dream!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAMN I didn't realise the scenery there was THAT amazing! Definitely gotta make it to the Highlands next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my the Highlands are definitely on my list. Look at that scenery.. I mean is this even real life?!

    http://chamomiledealer.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my word!! this is surreal! the colours are out of this world - love these pictures so much <3 (also need to go there ASAP, not too far, so no excuse really)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I can't believe this is a real place! These photographs are incredible! What kind of camera/lens did you use?

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Este é aquele momento em que eu definitivamente me convenço de que missas satânicas e inconsciências devido ao abuso de alcool e drogas NÃO são boa ideia. Perdi isto? Ok, é oficial, odeio a minha juventude!!
    http://bloglairdutemps.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fotos e local de cortar a respiração! Todas as fotos são lindas, mas adorei a sétima,
    com as casinhas cá em baixo...Mas não se pode escolher apenas uma!
    Aahh, conheço aquela camisa! ;-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. não pode, que paisagens tão belas! isso ao vivo deve ser mesmo arrebatador

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, these pictures are beautiful.
    Scotland is such a wonderful country, I was so
    overwhelmed from the beautiful landscape when we went there
    on our interrail trip.
    And the castle on the pictures - is this Urquhart Castle?
    Because my friend and me went to Urquhart Castle and it looks
    very similar to the one in the pictures. :)

    dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh que paisagens! Saudades das Highlands!!!! Bem te disse que ias amar :) E a tour sempre foi fixe estou a ver :) Chegaste a ir a Inverness? Vou incorporar esta ligação na minha publicação sobre as Highlands que fiz há poucos dias, se não te importares :) Tiras fotos lindas! Oh Escócia <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sério que isto são fotografias? Tou parva Nancy possa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can hardly believe these photographs are of a real place - this looks like somewhere imagined. I love all of the burnt orange tones and the stark difference between the mountains and the houses.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. whoa that mustve been out of this world really, looks surreal.
    Hope to go there someday! Love the photos

    ReplyDelete